Fiddler, Singer, Songwriter, Novelist, Screenwriter, and Visual Artist
- Upcoming Release “In My Mind” Oct 8, 2021
- Vizztone record release “Subway Stories” debuted on the Living Blues Charts, received many stellar reviews, and was #11 record for the year (2017) by the “Rock Doctor”
- 2018 International Blues Challenge in Memphis, TN
- ilana is an official “Fishman” artist as of December 2019, endorsing Fishman products.
- Her 2016 record release “Movin’ On” made the top ten list for 2016 – across all genres – by Steve Morse (Boston Globe, Berklee College)
- Her original “Marlyn’s Blues” from debut “I’ve Got Something to Tell You” earned a finalist spot for “Coolest Blues Song in the World 2015” by Big City Blues Magazine
- Ilana is an avid visual artist, known to paint and draw funny cat pictures, landscapes. She also paints murals on her boots she wears frequently when performing.
- Ilana is a published novelist “The Underground.” This novel was optioned for a screenplay, which Ilana completed in October of 2019. Keep your eyes opened for more movie news as this screenplay finds it’s way into the movie world.
- Performed solo at: the Mayor of Boston’s International Gala Ball, the Bradenton Blues Festival, Juke Joint Festival in Clarksdale, MS, various venues in NY City, City Winery Boston, and subway stations near and far (mostly in her home base of the Boston subway).
- Her full legal name really is ilana Katz Katz. Visit Her website for more!
Her distinguished signature Blues violin and singing soon had her guesting with a who’s who of Blues musicians. Her second record featured NY Blues Hall of Famer Bobby Radcliff and multi-grammy nominated Cedric Watson. When she isn’t touring and performing ‘above ground’ – you can still find Ilana in the subway – playing her fiddle and serenading passersby with her own brand of Blues – including some jazzy scat singing in sync with her fiddle. She loves ‘bringing music to the people.’ She is known as a versatile, improvisational musician, equally comfortable performing solo, leading a band, or lending her fiddling prowess to bands in theaters, clubs, and festivals. She plays a lot of blues, but is also known for her Appalachian fiddlin’ and some rock ‘n roll violin as well.
Anne Bello Productions Worldwide Music
Anne Bello Productions, LLC
Services @ AnneBelloProductions.com