- Nominated for IBA “Traditional Blues Band” 2020
- Band Member of the great Muddy Waters Blues Band (1967-1971)
- Featured playing harmonica, guitar and singing on Hubert Sumlin’s Grammy nominated Album “About Them Shoes” along with Keith Richards, Eric Clapton and Levon Helm
- Nine Total BMA Nominations
- 2006 BMAs – Acoustic Artist of the Year, and Acoustic Album of the Year – Down in the Delta
- 2016 Lifetime Achievement Award, Mississippi Saxophone Festival
Paul lived in Muddy’s house on Chicago’s South Side and shared the basement with blues piano player Otis Spann. Paul played the Chitlin’ Circuit and recorded with Muddy for the legendary Chess Records Company. He traveled the world with Muddy.
Besides Muddy, he has performed and/or recorded with T-Bone Walker, Otis Spann, John Lee Hooker, Buddy Guy,Johnny Young, Johnny CopeIand, Big Joe Turner, Louisiana Red, Big Mama Thornton, Victoria Spivey and many others.
As Muddy Waters harp player, Paul Oscher inspired a whole generation of blues players including Rick Estrin, Jerry Portnoy, Paul Delay, and William Clark. Paul is the real deal, he learned his blues from the masters. He plays only the real, unadulterated, down-in-the–alley, gutbucket blues. He is not a retro player. He just plays the blues the way he learned them… lowdown and lonesome and has been doing so for the last fifty years.
Paul is working on a biography about his life and the blues. He is also on the Board of Directors of a non-profit organization for making Muddy’s Wayers south side Chicago home into a museum.
Paul Oscher resides in Austin Texas. Paul can be booked as a quartet, quintet or sextet.
Booking, (FL GA SC AL) Band, Artist, and festival and event services.
Anne Bello Productions, LLC 352-514-4996 or Booking @ AnneBelloProductions.com